Monday, August 31, 2009

Melange Image Transfer Challenge



The Melange team on Etsy hosted a "come and show us your favorite transfer method" challenge. My challenge piece uses Elmer's Caulk transfer and well as Lazertran transfer combined with oil painting. This is a 11"x14" hand stretched canvas..I painted the background in a thin oil and turpentine wash and let it dry thoroughly before beginning. The images with the printing are lazertran transfers I applied using pure turpentine to melt the Lazertran in to the oil primed canvas ...the flag is a toner copy image that I applied using Elmer's silicone caulk..as well as the silhouettes of the solders...the soldiers were then over painted with a thin black oil glaze.This piece was commissioned by a psychiatrist at the VA hospital for his office.

8 comments:

Brenda Lynn said...

Renee, this is absolutely breathtaking, in both subject and structure. Excellent!

Glenda-TwoCoolTexans said...

Oh my, this piece, those images stirred my heart. And, I did not know that method worked so well! This is just an amazing piece.

Jessie said...

Fabulous work of art, Renee! I am just in awe!

paperdreamer said...

fabulous !fabulous !

glimmering prize said...

oh- i really like this renee! looks great!

Artsnark said...

strong piece! really amazing

Kim Palmer said...

Just catching up with everyones take on the challenge. This is wonderful.Stirring subject matter and great technique and execution!

BALLET NEWS said...

Stunning work - well done